SEO Agency Lancashire
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) ensures your website is built and designed to Google’s best practices and optimised so the search engines can fully index your content.
Expert SEO Services in Lancashire, UK
We are an SEO agency based in Lancashire in the UK.
Our SEO Process
The first step in our SEO process is to get to know the business. We need to know your business and who your customers are before we can start planning any SEO campaign. Once we have had an initial consultation, we can then look at your website to see what needs fixing first.
Once we have learned all about your business and your ideal customer, we will perform a technical audit of your website. This is a crucial step because the technical state of your website is the foundation of any successful SEO campaign.
What we look at
A website technical audit looks at various things relating to your website such as:
- Can your website be crawled? – We check for any potential issues that would stop the search engines from being able to crawl your site. The search engines send “search bots” to your website every so often so they can discover new content you have added, such as news and blog posts. If there are any technical issues that would stop that from happening, we would need to fix those first!
- Site structure – We look at how your website is organised. Is it easy for the visitor to get to important pages within as few clicks as possible?
- Security issues – Is your site served under HTTPS? If not, it really should be as Google now penalises sites that do not serve content over SSL.
- Website speed – This is another Google ranking factor. If your website pages take longer than a couple of seconds to load, then it could be hurting your rankings.
- Mobile-friendliness – Does your website look good and work properly on mobile devices? This is another Google ranking factor that will hurt your rankings if your site is not optimised for mobile phones and tablets, as well as laptops and desktops.
- Open Graph, Schema and Structured Data – Does your website have special tags in the source code that tells the search engines what the page is about? It makes it easier for search engines to index and categorise your pages correctly.
- Duplicate content – Does your site have identical or very nearly identical information on multiple pages? If so, search engines will get confused and won’t be able to rank your site for your intended keywords.
- Redirect errors – Are there any pages that redirect to other pages that would cause the search engines (or site visitors) to get confused?
- Title tags and meta descriptions – These would be checked and optimised as we work on the relevant pages as part of your SEO campaign, but we would still check these in the technical audit to see if any are too long, too short or duplicated.
Start the Campaign
Once we have completed our consultation and technical audit, after we have fixed any issues that we found, we would start planning your SEO campaign.
Each SEO campaign is different and tailored specifically to your business needs and goals. Your campaign will consist of some or all of the below:
- On-page SEO – Optimising web page content for the relevant keywords
- Content marketing – (creating more content such as blog articles) to create authority in your niche
- Link building – getting other relevant websites to link to your website
- Social media – making sure your social channels align with your business brand and send out the correct message
Each month we would evaluate your campaign, and adjust it as necessary. This is ongoing and we would monitor and adjust on a constant basis for the length of your SEO campaign.
Common SEO Questions
How long will it take for my rankings to improve?
Hard to say, but, for example, if you have technical issues affecting your rankings, and you fix them, you can see an almost immediate improvement.
In general, though, SEO is a marathon, not a sprint. It can be a slow and steady process for your website rankings to improve over time. Some months you may not see any improvements, other months you will.
How much will it cost?
This all depends on what you want to achieve. We normally suggest starting off slow. Choose a few of your most important pages to work on and improve, then add to your budget over time as your rankings increase.
SEO is a time-intensive process. Especially if your website needs a lot of work to fix any initial technical issues.
Once that work is completed though, it’s just a matter of content creation and link building, then tweaking as we go.
Will I have to sign a contract?
We don’t have lengthy contracts. You basically pay us for our services in advance, on a monthly basis. You can stop at any time at the end of a month by simply letting us know.
If you would like to find out more about our SEO services, please contact us for a no-obligation chat.